Thursday, December 22, 2011

Third Post 12-22-2011

It's hard to believe it's been about two weeks since I've posted here. Since I posted last I had emergency eye surgery which took me out of commission for some time, but I don't really want to write much about that just yet, if ever. And it's still too difficult to type very much at once. But I will say this much about it - the possibility of losing one's vision, even in just one eye, has brought to mind this morning thoughts of things I want to see. Among those things are my blue girl roses blooming against the warm red brick of my house. For those who may not know, the scent of the blue girl rose is nature's loveliest perfume, the sweetest smell imaginable. Following is a photo of my rosebush from a previous year. If only there were a way to capture the smell...

My Blue Girls
These delightful creations frame the right side of my front porch. They bloom profusely, several times a year. These don't look especially "blue," although sometimes they do sport their characteristic silver-lavendar color and other times we see the more pinkish lavendar color.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy love the picture. I am thinking that may be what Iwant for my flowerbeds I am going to have around the house. Glad your eye is getting better.
    Good to see you writing.

    ReplyDelete